Vision Tour: Your Life In Focus
While most of social media was buzzing about the tumble heard around the world, “Oprah’s Fall”, I was front and center taking in all the gems my Auntie Oprah was dropping on that Saturday afternoon. In 2014, I attended “The Life You Want Tour” in Miami and I left there feeling energized, recharged and ready for anything! So you know I was excited about the 2020 Vision tour. I had the pleasure of attending the tour in Los Angeles, held at the Forum. This place was filled with over 15,000 of a diverse group of women.
What is the Vision Tour all about?
The Vision Tour is a day-long wellness event that brings together thousands of women/men who participate in a series of workshops. We come together to not only discover our purpose but also pinpoint areas in our lives to improve. This tour was by far more exhilarating than 2014. I am not sure if it was due to me being older, having to cope with death, new experiences, etc. But honeyyyy when I tell you that damn near every word resonated with me!
The event started at 9 am and went till about 5 pm. We mediated, danced, cried, laughed and reflected. I can truly say with each tour I felt like I knew her a little bit more. Auntie Oprah opened up about the passing of her mother, funny stories about Stedman and she even gave us more insight on her journey with her weight. Throughout her moving speeches and motivating mantras, she shared in-depth stories from her childhood to her becoming the woman she is today.
Each guest received a gift bag with various goodies to take home. The workbook we were given and filled out throughout our session gave each person clarity and a sense of accountability on what we need to do going forward to find our focus. This was more intimate than any super soul Sunday, she even gave us a look into her journal and shared personal testimonies that we hadn’t heard before, this was Oprah Winfrey uncut. She was so cool and laid back, even after the fall, all I wanted to do was go to her house and chill on her couch and get advice for my life.
(Maybe next lifetime)
In each city of this tour, she has a special guest and today’s guest was JLO. The beautiful world-renown pop singer was glowing from head to toe. JLo discussed how there are days when she doesn’t feel pretty and she doesn’t always have it together. She even went into detail about her depression post-divorce. There were a lot of tidbits regarding her life that I was unaware of. The bottom line everyone is going through something no matter race, creed, economical standpoint, etc. Eventually, you have to pull up your big girl panties and demand the life you want!
When my friends and I left we were so fueled to take everything we had just learned and experienced, that we went home and had a girl’s night in! Filled with discussing our dreams, meditating and manifesting our future and more importantly how we could improve on being a better individual overall!
3 Takeaways from Oprah’s 2020 Vision Tour
- Live The Life That You Deserve: you want to be so full of yourself that your cup runneth over and that you have enough to offer others. Only you are in control of your wellness!
- Living With Clear Intention: Intention rules your life whether you know it or not. Auntie Oprah lives her life by Newton’s third law of motion: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The energy you constantly give off returns to you at all times.
- Everything That Has Happened In Your Life Has Helped You: Strength x Strength x Strength is power! Oprah states, ” Leave here knowing that you are more powerful than you’ve ever been before. Let go of the past and be present in the NOW!
- She says when you enter her house you must take a shot of Tequila, no excuses!
- She loves gospel music and ” I Surrender All” is one of her favs. if you haven’t heard the story of her getting cast in the Color Purple, Click here
- She was tired of the yoyo diet and found a weight she is comfortable at, and she is just maintaining that while eating what she wants! Living her best Life!
- You can’t be friends with someone who wants your life: this is why she and Gayle have been able to remain friends for so long. She even went into detail about how they are so different. She said her opinion of a good night is at home by herself with some wine, meanwhile, Gayle always has FOMO and can fly coast to coast in a day all for a party.
Overall I learned a lot and if I could go again I would! I felt that she was so persoanable, funny, and motivating that I have now given her the official title of my “Honorary Auntie”. You can hate her or love her but dammit you will respect her! We all make mistakes and are constantly growing & evolving, so let’s not forget how this little girl from Mississippi, who grew up in poverty facing extreme obstacles is now one of America’s first black billionaires. You may not always agree with her, but you can not deny her the respect she deserves!
Me & My bestfriend taking it all in! She is taking notes , Im up dancing!